Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dec 6 2016 "Merry December"

We had MLC today, and here is the number one thing I learned: 

A good missionary must be living the Gospel of Jesus Christ constantly by having faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, and continually repenting and using the atonement.

A previous companion said to me once, "I've never really questioned my "faith" because I always believed that God was real, but I guess I've been struggling with having faith that God truly is in control and that I don't need to stress out." (did I already share this story before?) It was a revelatory conversation for both her and I, because we can always kind of arbitrarily believe in God, believe in Christ, and know that there is a mysterious being out there, but the reason that Christ had to come and teach us about faith, is so that we will actually understand that God doesn't just exist, but that He loves us. 

When we come to that understanding and truly have faith in Christ's Atonement, we don't have to freak out when we make mistakes. We don't have to hate ourselves. We can be liberated and move on.

I've been writing these e-mails for like 14 months now, so I feel like I've already talked about this exact same idea... But it really was a spiritual experience re-realizing this at MLC today! I guess that means I need to keep working on it. 😀

An eventful week:

We Christmas caroled as a zone on a cold rainy night:

And because it was so rainy and miserable, no one came to the square that Monday night. Because no one came to the square, we were able to actually see the lights! Not blockaded by people!

We also decorated a Christmas tree while we were at the Humanitarian Center. 


And then we made a movie 




And also we went to the Christmas devotional:




No comments:

Post a Comment