Friday, December 16, 2016

Nov 29, 016 "Alma50:16"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

It's been a happy week.

THE LIGHTS ON TEMPLE SQUARE CAME ON LAST FRIDAY! 



Okay, I didn't get any good pictures of the Christmas lights itself. I'll try again this week. But, the wonderful thing is that this year, we are going to be the lights! 

I think everybody wants to have a Jesus-centered Christmas every Christmas. At least I use that excuse every year when I forget to buy presents for people. "I'll read my scriptures on Christmas Eve! I'll spend time with my family! I'll write people cards! I'll read that story about the Christmas Orange again!" We say it over and over again year after year, but at the end of December, have we actually accomplished it? Most of the time, I don't even remember those resolutions long enough to evaluate and account for it. 

Aaaaand that's why #LIGHTtheWORLD is a thing. I guess I had a tiny revelation watching that video that it's not quite enough to remember Christ, but we need to be like Christ. 

If you want a more beautiful Christmas, please participate with me. 

***********************************************************************************
The Parks/Takeshige journey is over now. Here's to new horizons and new companions.




Other pictures: 

The Humanitarian Center has these neo-natal resuscitation training kits, and if you fill these babies up with water, apparently it makes for a more realistic training. Here is a picture of them drying out. 
 

Our potato phone broke 


We did a service project sorting clothing donations, and here is Sister Tekurio marveling at a bra


Byebye NORTH II 

No comments:

Post a Comment