Friday, July 1, 2016

This week though....

I feel like it took 10000 years to get through this week. These things happened on Monday and Tuesday, while I was still in Provo:












(it's a birthday cake for Sister Lenogon)

And then these things have happened since I've been back at Temple Square:

My second day back we were on our way to the Church Office Building cafeteria and we walked alongside Elder Christofferson. He is really handsome in real life. I love being back. 










The greatest MoTab performance I have ever witnessed


It's a bag full of cricket snacks 




















I ate one. 



















I have been exhausted ever since coming back to Temple Square. There is no sugar coating that fact. From 8am to 9pm there are constantly people here to take on tours, to talk to, and help out. It's exhausting, but so exciting, to have so much work to do all the time. It's the most rewarding thing there is. My second day here, we took an amazing tour of 30ish English speaking old folk, and they were all so kind and loving and polite. Many of them came up to us afterwards asking for a Book of Mormon so they could for themselves. Although nothing miraculous or dramatic happened, just having some people come up and tell me, "thank you for the tour, I really felt something special. I will give your book a read" made me so happy that I felt shooting to the sky and dancing on a rainbow. 

Another man asked me recently, "what makes your church different from other churches? Like, why should I believe in yours?"
To which I answered, "the same priesthood powers that made miracles in Jesus's time possible is back on the earth today."
Then that man laughed at me. 

So many people don't seem to want to believe in these amazing blessings and miracles that God wants for them. "It happened back then, but not today!" But why not? Life is so much happier when you just accept its gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment