Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Love Letter To Provo

I feels super strange to be back here in Provo doing missionary work. But now I feel there is this inseparable bond between me and Provo. It's so much more than a college town to me now. I know you've felt this way for a while already. I thought Salt Lake City would be like Provo 2.0, bigger and better and more exciting, but there really is no comparison. Salt Lake's mountains have nothing on Provo's mountains, or the sunset, or the members. I used to think Provo was pretty bland in its variety of people; good looking 20-something Mormon RMs, but now just thinking about the sheer number of righteous covenant-keeping people gathered all together makes my heart melt. Outsiders who move down here feel the innate goodness of the members. They want the light of Christ to be a part of them too and are willing to change their lives completely and submit their will to God, which makes missionary work relatively easy. I love love love love this city. I love the work, and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I do sometimes miss Temple Square just a smidgeon though. I may or may not have teared up when I saw the beautiful square on TV at General Conference (which by the way was perfect and everything everybody's soul needs. Everybody should go listen to it, Mormon or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment